Here are 7 things you should know about CrossFit Games athlete Jacob Heppner.
1. Heppner Loves Star Wars *not just a little bit either.
His knowledge of Star Wars lore goes deep. Listen to him talk about his favorite character with CrossFit HQ in this episode of 'Update Studio'. Skip to 3:58 to hear his thoughts on Grand Admiral Thrawn.
Last December he even trained with Master Yoda.
2. Brute Strength Sent Him A Bobblehead Of Himself
Heppner is a Brute Strength athlete and we just happen to have been hanging out with him when he received a bobblehead of himself in the mail from Brute Strength owner Michael Cazayoux.
3. His Work Capacity Is Unreal
Watch him complete 20 rounds of chest to bar 'Mary' like it's no big deal.
4. He's Won Two Games Events
In 2015 he crushed the 'Midline Madness' event and in 2016 he had the fastest time on the 'Handstand Walk' event on his way to a 10th place finish in '15 and 7th place in '16.
5. Two Words — 'Crayola Whiteboard'
In 2015, Heppner occasionally followed programming written by a possessed Crayola Whiteboard. Not sure what else to say here...
6. 2017 Heppner Is Approaching 2014 Rich Froning Levels Of Fitness
Watch Heppner knock out 30 unbroken bar muscle ups in his barn a feat, that Heppner noted, Froning did back during a charity competition in 2014.